Last updated August 15, 2018
Information The Pure Company Collects
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with us. Here are the types of information we gather:
We may collect information that can be used to identify you personally, such as your name, email address, billing and delivery addresses, telephone number, and payment information (together with other such information, “Personal Information”). Your submission of Personal Information is voluntary, but we may be unable to provide you requested information, products, or services if you choose not to provide the relevant Personal Information. For example, you may provide us Personal Information when you: contact us through the “Contact Us” page; sign up to receive special offers & promotions; register for an on-line account; submit an order; call or email customer service; or submit an order to us through our Sites or through Customer Service over the phone or through online chat.
If you sign up for our Sites using your Facebook or any other social media account, or if you interact with us on any of our social media accounts, we may gather any information that you give to us or that you agreed that Facebook or such other social media company could provide to us. This information may include, without limitation, your first and last name, username, profile picture, product and/or company reviews, unique social media identifier, and access token, and/or e-mail address.
Our servers automatically collect technical and other information about your computer hardware and software which does not identify you personally (collectively, “Other Information”). Other Information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, page views, clicks, access times, referring website addresses, geographic location, and other technical information. We collect Other Information in the following ways:
- Server Logs. Our web servers automatically collect certain information from visitors and registered users, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages, URLs, date and time, the sections of our Sites you visit, the amount of time spent on particular pages, information concerning your use of our Sites websites and/or mobile apps. We may also collect information about your mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), app type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G).
Aggregated and Anonymized Information. “Other Information” also includes Personal Information that we have aggregated or otherwise anonymized such that it no longer can be used to identify you personally. We do this as part of our ongoing efforts to better understand our users and to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Sites and our products and services.
Please note that our Sites do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals that may be enabled in your browser settings.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Companies
How We Use Information
We may use Other Information, which does not identify you personally, in various ways that we deem useful including to operate, maintain, and improve our Sites, products, and services.
How We Share Information
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. We may share Personal Information as described below:
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance and email subscription management, billing and payment processing, shipping and delivery of products, and administration of our promotional programs and email campaigns. These other companies will have access to your Personal Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may share some or all of your Personal Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other affiliates.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets. If so, the successor of our business will be responsible for continuing to treat your Personal Information appropriately.
- We may also disclose Personal Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Personal Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Pure Company or others.
We may share Other Information, which does not identify you personally, in any manner that we deem useful, including without limitation to place more relevant advertisements, improve the Sites’ search engine optimization, and identify traffic referred by partners.
Third Party Marketing Opt-Out / Your California Privacy Rights
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you are a registered user, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to certain elements of your Personal Information (such as contact information) by logging in to your account. In addition, you may opt-out of your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing e-mails. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails such as those related to the administration of your user account on the Sites or any orders you have placed or attempted to place.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system or online transmission is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Personal Information, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Please do not send us emails with any sensitive information.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Pure Company is based in the United States, and the Sites and our services are not intended for use beyond the United States. Please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located in the United States or elsewhere outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Sites, you do so at your own risk.
We do not sell products or services to children under the age of 18 and do not knowingly collect their Personal Information. If we learn that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us, we will take reasonable steps to promptly delete that information from our databases to the extent possible.
How to Contact Us
or write to us at:
The Pure Company Global, LLC
300 East Valley Drive
Bristol, Virginia 24201